Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Why Mothers Stay Up Late September 20, 2016 at 08:25PM

“I want to sit on the sofa and not have someone climb on me. I want to not be touched for a while. Sometimes, when the kids are around me all day, clinging to my body, it feels like sensory overload. It makes me want to crawl into a bubble. I need a little time to just sit and watch a show that isn’t about a family of pigs or Minecraft. I want some time when the house is quiet and no one is screaming and I can read a book that I actually want to read. I just want some time to be…” She raised her eyebrows and said something that really gave me pause. “Late at night is the only time I get to feel like I did before I was a mother.”
via Facebook http://ift.tt/2d9Kn9i I've always wondered why, even though they're are exhausted, mothers stay up late. My wife's answer opened my eyes to how motherhood changes you.

No comments: