Thursday, November 10, 2016

Sylvia November 09, 2016 at 02:00PM


via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/556031611/posts/10153811143306612 I came this country admiring her as one of the most progressive democracies in the world. I admire President Obama (and I still do). Previously I didn't like Hillary Clinton but her last nomination defeat was a humbling experience for her. Since then she had mellowed down, focusing on her job as the Secretary of State which proves that she is more than qualified to be the next president. She is not without her flaws. But she is brilliant and determined. She is ever ready, and I trust that she only has the public interest at heart to make things better in the US. Especially policies favoring equality for women. Now this country has elected a buffoon with the worst personal, political and professional profiles to be her president. Does it even matter now to teach your kid about respect, kindness, integrity, decency, equality, perseverance, working hard and other good values? After President Obama has helped recovering America from the mess left behind by a Republican president, is everything going back to square one now? My heart has been bleeding for this country since last night (though Abby slept through the night for almost 10 hours). This election affects me even more because I am a mother now. I fear for the future of my daughter 😢

No comments: