Sunday, April 16, 2017

Childhood Trauma Leads To Lifelong Chronic Illness -- So Why Isn't The Medical Community Helping Patients? April 15, 2017 at 10:29PM

"My physician explained that ongoing adversity in childhood leads to a chronic state of “fight, flight or freeze.” Researchers at Yale had recently shown that when inflammatory stress hormones flood a child’s body and brain, they alter the genes that oversee our stress reactivity, re-setting the stress response to “high” for life. This increases the risk of inflammation, which manifests later in cancer, heart disease, and autoimmune diseases like mine..."
via Facebook http://ift.tt/2pkQ48U When I was twelve, I was coming home from swimming at my neighbor's dock when I saw an ambulance's flashing lights in our driveway. I still remember the ...

No comments: