Friday, July 20, 2018

Pregnant women don't learn about profound brain changes - The Boston Globe July 19, 2018 at 11:25PM

Totally explain how motherhood is a transformational experience for me. I have been telling everyone that it is like a rebirth of LaiTT and I can't no longer go back to my old self. I am glad I am blessed with this opportunity to be Abby's mom. "Women experience a flood of hormones during pregnancy, childbirth, and breast-feeding that primes the brain for dramatic change in regions thought to make up the maternal circuit. Affected brain regions include those that enable a mother to multitask to meet baby’s needs, help her to empathize with her infant’s pain and emotions, and regulate how she responds to positive stimuli (such as baby’s coo) or to perceived threats. In the newborn months, a mother’s interaction with her infant serves as further stimulus to link her brain quite tangibly to her baby’s."
via Facebook https://ift.tt/2uLbE7o So why does prenatal care ignore the topic altogether?

No comments: